Open Teaching and Research Assistant Position
Profile: research and prepare a PhD work within 4 years in telecommunications engineering. The contract has a 6-credit teaching responsibility in Switching and Networking in the Department of Telematic Engineering at Universidad Carlos III of Madrid.
· The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years (300 credits) of accumulated University education, from which at least one year (60credits) must be of master level (master degree does not need to be completed).
· The PhD student will join a prestigious Research Group with several research lines: 5G backhaul/fronthaul networks, optical networks, cybersecurity, privacy and applied big data. Participation in EU research projects. Access to advanced network infrastructure, computing cluster, etc. Group: http://adscom.it.uc3m.es/
· Gross salary: 18,000 eur/year (including both teaching contract and research complement). Tuition fees funded by UC3M.
· Position subject to open call based on curricular merits. Full procedure and details:
· Contract includes social security (health insurance)
· Duration: 1 year, renewable up to 4 years depending on annual supervision reports
· Pre-admission to the PhD programme (or formal application) is required (no fee payment is required for this).
· Starting date: 1st February 2017
If interested, please contact ASAP: email@example.com for help with the support letters for PhD programme application.
Full application deadline: 3rd of November 2017