- J. Zheng, P. Caballero, G. de Veciana, S. Jun Baek, A. Banchs, "Statistical multiplexing and traffic shaping games for network slicing," WiOpt 2017, Paris, France, May 2017.
- P. Caballero, A. Banchs, G. de Veciana, X. Costa-Perez, "Network Slicing Games: Enabling Customization in Multi-tenant Networks," IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, May 2017.
- V. Sciancalepore, K. Samdanis, X. Costa-Perez, D. Bega, M. Gramaglia, A. Banchs, " Mobile Traffic Forecasting for Maximizing 5G Network resource Utilization," IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, May 2017.
- D. Bega, M. Gramaglia, A. Banchs, V. Sciancalepore, K. Samdanis, X. Costa-Perez, "Optimising 5G Infrastructure Markets: The Business of Network Slicing," IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, May 2017.
- M. Gramaglia, M. Fiore, A. Tarable, A. Banchs, "Preserving Mobile Subscriber Privacy in Open Datasets of Spatiotemporal Trajectories," IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta, GA, May 2017.
- I. Ucar, C. Donato, P. Serrano, A. Garcia-Saavedra, A. Azcorra, A. Banchs, "Revisiting 802.11 Rate Adaptation from Energy Consumption's Perspective," ACM MSWiM 2016, Malta, November 2016.
- M. Marciel, R. Cuevas, A. Banchs, R. Gonzalez, S. Traverso, M. Ahmed, A. Azcorra, "Understanding the detection of view fraud in Video Content Portals," WWW'2016, Montreal, Canada, April 2016.
- J. Herzen; A. Banchs; V. Shneer; P. Thiran, "CSMA/CA in Time and Frequency Domains," IEEE ICNP 2015, San Francisco, USA, November 2015.
- V. Sciancalepore, I. Filippini, V. Mancuso, A. Capone, A. Banchs, "A semi-distributed mechanism for Inter-cell Interference Coordination exploiting the ABSF paradigm," IEEE SECON 2015, Seattle, USA, June 2015.
- D. Sabella, P. Rost, A. Banchs, V. Savin, M. Consonni, M. Di Girolamo, M. Lalam, A. Maeder, I. Berberana, "Benefits and Challenges of Cloud Technologies for 5G Architecture," 1st International Workshop on 5G Architecture (5GArch 2015), Glasgow, UK, May 2015.
- A. Banchs, M. Breitbach, X. Costa, U. Doetsch, S. Redana, C. Sartori, H. Schotten, "A Novel Radio Multiservice Adaptive Network Architecture for 5G Networks," 1st International Workshop on 5G Architecture (5GArch 2015), Glasgow, UK, May 2015.
- P. Caballero, X. Costa-Perez, K. Samdanis, A. Banchs, "RMSC: A Cell Slicing Controller for Virtualized Multi-Tenant Mobile Networks," IEEE 81st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), Glasgow, UK, May 2015.
- C. Vlachou, A. Banchs, J, Herzen, P. Thiran, "Analyzing and Boosting the Performance of Power-Line Communication Networks," ACM CoNEXT 2014, Sydney, Australia, December 2014.
- C. Vlachou, A. Banchs, J. Herzen, P. Thiran, "On the MAC for Power-Line Communications: Modeling Assumptions and Performance Tradeoffs," IEEE ICNP 2014, North Carlina, USA, October 2014 (Best Paper Runner-up award).
- V. Sciancalepore, V. Mancuso, A. Banchs, S. Zaks, A. Capone , "Interference Coordination Strategies for Content Update Dissemination in LTE-A," IEEE INFOCOM 2014, Toronto, Canada, April 2014.
- A. de la Oliva, P. Serrano, P. Salvador, A. Banchs, "Performance Evaluation of the IEEE 802.11aa Multicast Mechanisms for Video Streaming", IEEE WoWMoM 2013, Madrid, Spain, June 2013.
- V. Sciancalepore, V. Mancuso, A. Banchs, "BASICS: Scheduling Base Stations to Mitigate Interferences in Cellular Networks", IEEE WoWMoM 2013, Madrid, Spain, June 2013.
- A. Garcia-Saavedra, P. Serrano, A. Banchs, G. Bianchi, "Energy consumption anatomy of 802.11 devices and its implication on modeling and design," ACM CoNEXT 2012, Nice, France, December 2012.
- A. Garcia-Saavedra, A. Banchs, P. Serrano, J. Widmer, "Distributed Opportunistic Scheduling: A Control Theoretic Approach," IEEE INFOCOM 2012, Orlando, FL, March 2012.
- P. Salvador, F. Gringoli, V. Mancuso, P. Serrano, A. Mannocci, A. Banchs, "VoIPiggy: Implementation and evaluation of a mechanism to boost voice capacity in 802.11 WLANs," IEEE INFOCOM 2012 Mini-Conference, Orlando, FL, March 2012.
- J. Widmer, A. Capalbo, A. Fernandez Anta, A. Banchs, "Rate allocation for layered multicast streaming with inter-layer network coding," IEEE INFOCOM 2012 Mini-Conference, Orlando, FL, March 2012.
- J. Barcelo, B. Bellalta, M. Oliver, A. Banchs, "Collision-Free Operation in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks," 4th International Workshop on Multiple Access Communications (MACOM 2011), Trento, Italy, September 2011.
- A. Garcia-Saavedra, P. Serrano, A. Banchs, M. Hollick, "Energy-efficient fair channel access for IEEE 802.11 WLANs," IEEE WoWMoM 2011, Lucca, Italy, June 2011.
- D. Corujo, A. Banchs, T. Melia, M. Wetterwald, L. Badia, R. L. Aguiar, "Video-enhancing functional architecture for the MEDIEVAL project," in Proceedings of the 2nd International ICST Conference on Mobile Networks & Management (MONAMI 2010), Aveiro, Portugal, September 2010.
- L. Badia, R. Aguiar, A. Banchs, T. Melia, M. Wetterwald, M. Zorzi, "Wireless access architectures for video applications: the approach proposed in the MEDIEVAL project," MediaWiN 2010, Riccione, Italy, June 2010.
- J. Lessmann, M. Schoeeler, F. Zdarsky, A. Banchs, "Rope ladder routing: Position-based multipath routing for wireless mesh networks," IEEE HotMESH 2010, Montreal, Canada, June 2010.
- P. Serrano, A. Garcia-Saavedra, M. Hollick, A. Banchs, "On the energy efficiency of IEEE 802.11 WLANs," European Wireless 2010, Lucca, Italy, April 2010.
- D. Chieng, D. V. Hugo, A. Banchs, "A Cost Sensitivity Analysis for Carrier Grade Wireless Mesh Networks with Tabu Optimization," CARMEN Workshop 2010, San Diego, CA, March 2010.
- M. Portoles, A. Cabellos, J. Mangues, A. Banchs, J. Domingo, "Impact of transient CSMA/CA access delays on Active Bandwidth Measurements", ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), Chicago, IL, November 2009.
- R. Cuevas, M. Uruena, A. Banchs, "Routing Fairness in Chord: Analysis and Enhancement", IEEE INFOCOM 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, April 2009.
- P. Serrano. A. De La Oliva, C. Bernardos, I. Soto, A. Banchs, A. Azcorra, "A CARMEN mesh experience: deployment and results," IEEE HotMESH'09, Kos, Greece, June 2009.
- P. Patras, A. Banchs, P. Serrano, "A Control Theoretic Framework for Performance Optimization of IEEE 802.11 Networks," IEEE INFOCOM 2009 Student Workshop, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2009.
- A. Banchs, N. Bayer, D. Chieng; A. de la Oliva, B. Gloss, M. Kretschme, S. Murphy, M. Natkaniec, F. Zdarsky, "CARMEN: Delivering carrier grade services over wireless mesh networks," IEEE PIMRC'08 SocialNets Workshop, Cannes, France, September 2008.
- P. Serrano, A. Banchs, J. F. Kukielka, G. d'Agostino, S. Murphy, "Configuration of IEEE 802.11e EDCA for Voice and Data traffic: An Experimental Study," ICT Mobile Summit 2008, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2008.
- P. Serrano, A. Banchs and J. F. Kukielka, "Optimal Configuration of 802.11e EDCA under Voice Traffic", IEEE GLOBECOM 2007, Washington D.C., November 2007.
- S. Sargento, M. Almeida, D. Corujo, V. Jesus, R. Aguiar, G. Carneiro, J. Godzecki, A. Banchs, P. Serrano, "Integration of Mobility and Quality-of-Service in 4G Networks," 3rd ACM International Workshop on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks (Q2SWinet 2007), October 2007, Chania, Crete Island, Greece.
- P. Raptis, V. Vitsas, A. Banchs, K. Paparrizos, "Delay Distribution Analysis of IEEE 802.11 with Variable Packet Length," IEEE VTC 2007 Spring, Dublin, Ireland, April 2007.
- S. Sargento, T. Melia, A. Banchs, I. Soto, J. Moedeker, L. Marchetti, "Mobility through Heterogeneous Networks in a 4G Environment," Wireless World Research Forum (WWRF) 17th Meeting, Heidelberg, Germany, November 2006.
- P. Raptis, Albert Banchs, V. Vitsas, K. Paparrizos, P. Chatzimisios, "Delay Distribution Analysis of the RTS/CTS mechanism of IEEE 802.11," IEEE LCN 2006, Tampa, FL, November 2006.
- P. Raptis, A. Banchs, K. Paparrizos, P. Chatzimisios, "A Simple and Effective Delay Distribution Analysis for IEEE 802.11," IEEE PIMRC 2006, Helsinki, Finland, September 2006.
- M. Wetterwald, F. Filali, C. Bonnet, D. Nussbaum, L. Gauthier, H. A. Menouni, A. Banchs, C. J. Bernardos, M. Liebsch, T. Melia, J. Ribeiro, C. Lafouge, "A Flexible Framework for the Support of Heterogeneous Wireless Networks," IST Mobile & Wireless Communications Summit, Myconos, Greece, June 2006.
- T. Melia, M. Liebsch, P. Serrano, A. Banchs, "The Daidalos Architecture for Mobility and QoS," World Telecommunications Congress (WTC 2006), Budapest, Hungary, May 2006.
- P. Serrano, A. Banchs, T. Melia and L. Vollero, "Performance Anomalies of nonoptimally configured Wireless LANs", IEEE WCNC 2006, Las Vegas, NV, April 2006.
- P. Serrano, A. Banchs and J. F. Kukielka, "Detection of Malicious Parameter Configurations in 802.11e EDCA", IEEE GLOBECOM 2005, St. Louis, Missouri, November 2005.
- X. Perez-Costa, K. Heinze, A. Banchs and S. Sallent, "Analysis of Performance Issues in an IP-based UMTS Radio Access Network", Eigth ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM), Montreal, Quebec, October 2005.
- G. Carneiro, C. Garcia, P. Neves, Z. Chen, M. Wetterwald, M. Ricardo, P. Serrano, S. Sargento and A. Banchs, "The DAIDALOS Architecture for QoS over Heterogeneous Wireless Networks", IST Mobile & Wireless Communications Summit, Dresden, Germany, June 2005.
- A. Banchs, "Analysis of the Delay Distribution in 802.11 DCF: Step Towards End-to-end Delay Guarantees in WLAN", 5th International Workshop on Quality of future Internet Services (QofIS'04), Barcelona, Spain, September 2004.
- X. Perez, A. Banchs, J. Noguera and S. Sallent, "Optimal Radio Acess Bearer Configuration for Voice over IP in 3G UMTS networks", European Wireless 2004, Barcelona, Spain, February 2004.
- A. Banchs, X. Perez and D. Qiao, "Providing Throughput Guarantees in 802.11e Wireless LANs", Eighteenth International Teletraffic Congress (ITC18), Berlin, Germany, September 2003.
- A. Banchs, S. Tartarelli and A. Descamps, "Intra-Customer Admission Control for TCP flows in DiffServ Assured Forwarding", IEEE GLOBECOM 2002, Taipei, Taiwan, November 2002.
- A. Banchs, F. Raspall, D. Anguera and S. Sallent, "Core Stateless Fair Bandwidth Allocation for Unicast and Multicast Flows," Fourth International Workshop on Networked Group Communication (NGC 2002), Boston, MA, October 2002.
- A. Banchs, M. Radimirsch, X. Perez, "Expedited and Assured Forwarding Extension for IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN," Tenth IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2002), Miami, FL, May 2002.
- A. Banchs, "User Fair Queuing: Fair Allocation of Bandwidth for Users", IEEE INFOCOM 2002, New York, June 2002.
- A. Banchs and X. Perez, "Distributed Fair Queuing in IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN", IEEE ICC 2002, New York, April 2002.
- S. Tartarelli and A. Banchs, "Random Early Marking: Improving the Performance of TCP in DiffServ Assured Forwarding", IEEE ICC 2002, New York, April 2002.
- A. Banchs and X. Perez, "Providing Throughput Guarantees in IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN", IEEE WCNC 2002, Orlando, FL, March 2002.
- A. Banchs and R. Denda, "A Scalable Share Differentiation Architecture for Elastic and Real-Time Traffic," Eighth IEEE/IFIP International
Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2000), Pittsburgh, PA, June 2000.
- A. Banchs, S. Tartarelli, F. Orlandi, S. Sato, K. Kobayashi, H. Pan, "Configuration of DiffServ routers for high-speed links", 2002 IEEE Workshop on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2002), Kobe, Japan, May 2002.
- S. Sato, K. Kobayashi, H. Pan, S. Tartarelli and A. Banchs, "Configuration Rule and Performance Evaluation of DiffServ Parameters",
Seventeenth International Teletraffic Congress (ITC17), Salvador da Bahia, Brazil, December 2001.
- A. Banchs, O. Leon and S. Sallent, "The Olympic Service Model: Issues and Architecture", 2nd International Workshop on Quality of future
Internet Services (QofIS 2001), Coimbra, Portugal, September 2001.
- A. Banchs, X. Perez, M. Radimirsch and H. Stuettgen, "Service Differentiation Extensions for Elastic and Real-Time traffic in 802.11 Wireless
LAN", 2001 IEEE Workshop on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2001), Dallas, Texas, May 2001.
- A. Banchs, X. Perez, M. Radimirsch and S. Sallent, "Service Differentiation Extensions for IEEE 802.11", 11th IEEE Workshop on Local and
Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN 2001), Boulder, Co, March 2001.
- R. Denda, A. Banchs and W. Effelsberg, "The Fairness Challenge in Computer Networks", 1st International Workshop on Quality of future
Internet Services (QofIS 2000), Berlin, Germany, September 2000.
- B. Lange, A. Banchs, T. Dietz and M. Gabrysch, "Interactive Home Learning using Residential Broadband Networks", 2nd International
Conference on New Learning Technologies (NLT’99), Berne, Switzerland, August 1999.
- A. Banchs, M. Gabrysch, T. Dietz, B. Lange and H. Stuettgen, "Implementation of IP Multicast over ATM/xDSL Based Access Networks",
GI (German Computer Society) Multicast Workshop’99, Braunschweig, Germany, May 1999.
- A. Banchs, S. Sallent, "Control-Minislot First-Come First-Serve Protocol," IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT’98),
Boston, MA, August 1998.
- A. Banchs, W. Effelsberg, C. Tschudin and V. Turau, "Multicasting Multimedia Streams with Active Networks", 23rd IEEE Conference on
Local Computer Networks (LCN’98), Lowell, MA, October 1998.